Week 12: Back to Threads

If you have followed by blogs at all, you know I have spent the last week plus, complaining about the demise of Twitter, aka the switch to X. In the interim of that rant I have yet to download Threads. I also wrote a bit about Threads a while back and how I did not think I had the time or attention span for yet another social media account to follow. Yet, here I am, bringing it back up again. 

In an effort to establish if it is something I want to download, I had my partner download it first. All is fair in love and social media, right?! It has the look and feel of a Twitter feed. What was most interesting is you get a prompt of if you want to follow the people you follow on Instagram which assists with quick engagement in my mind.

Before downloading another platform though, I do read quite a bit of nonsense about it and compare it to other sites, before taking the plunge. I found this interesting Threads v Twitter article that highlights 10 differences between the platforms. Now, this was published on July 8, so we know why it doesn't say X. 

I thought I would share it with you all here, in case anyone else is still teetering on whether or not they want to join Threads because they don't like X, miss Twitter, or just want another platform. Moral of this rambling story, I will probably join before it is all said and done. 

Threads vs Twitter: 10 Key Differences You Should Know



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 3: Week 1

Week 4: Your Thoughts, Internet Exhaustion

Week 4: Online Life