Blog 3: Week 1

 I did a family poll this week to see what was everyone's most used social media platform is. My immediate family is my partner and two dogs so the dogs didn't have an input ☺I also polled my parents and my sister. Below are the tallies of who uses what every day. 

Facebook: 4
Instagram: 4
Twitter: 2
TikTok: 1

Some would argue this could be age related, however the ages ranged from 33 - 71, and the twitter users were in their 40's and 70's, Facebook was everyone, Instagram was everyone, and Tik Tok was in their 30's. Just thought it was interesting to get a perspective on what people are using. Ironically no one in my family blogs either, so that is not a common network or online community that is utilized.

Something I did not think of but no one mentioned using it, was YouTube. I think about YouTube when I need to complete DIY for something around the house, or it opens automatically from a different site, but I don't view it as social media, when it absolutely is social media. Tying into my blog yesterday about influences, I know that YouTubers were and I am assuming are still the rage as far as influencing. I would be interested to see how many people who started as YouTubers have shifted their content to Tik Tok.



Comments

  1. Hi Alh, this is definitely an age-stratified result. I use Youtube a ton (Youtube Premium is the best subscription) but I wouldn't call myself a user of Youtube as social media? It's an interesting dynamic though. The vast majority of Youtube's base probably doesn't upload videos, but the vast majority of Instagram or TikTok's base creates content at least occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ALH! This is actually a pretty awesome poll. I think I may actually poll my family to see what the results are especially since I have a group of younger folks, which LIVES on tiktok! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised I am the only one who uses Tik Tok in my fam because I know that isn't the case for other people ha.

      Delete
  3. Pretty much everyone uses youtube, but few are producers or interactive on there, so we forget that it's social media.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reflects the big picture of The States well! I just rechecked the big picture on Statista and was surprised to see that they took down Tiktok from their data, probably due to recent sensitivity. You may want to have a look at the list to expand your future questionnaires. ;)

    https://www.statista.com/statistics/265773/market-share-of-the-most-popular-social-media-websites-in-the-us/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4: Online Life

Week 4: Your Thoughts, Internet Exhaustion