Week 3: Free-Riders

Two blogs in one day, who am I...

Last thought for the week. If you jumped on the discussion boards, you may have seen a topic about free riders. I did not engage with that topic, but I wondered what was out there in the web-o-sphere about these so-called free riders. I found at article, The Internet Shedding a Free-Rider Problem, and wanted to share it with you.

https://meiert.com/en/blog/free-internet/

If you click on the subsequent links within the article, it will take you down paths of further understanding regarding the “free-rider problem”, information about paying with your data, entitlement, and more. It even has a command to toot or tweet about it and there came my next newest discovery… What in the world is a Toot. So, I clicked it, and low and behold, it is another online community – one that I know nothing about. I am interested in knowing if any of you have ever heard of Toot?!

Until next week...

Comments

  1. We're seeing a version of the free rider problem with the rise and fall of all the streaming services. Studios have realized that these services are a money pit and are having a hard time making their money back. At the same time, customer expectations have changed. So they are tightening the content available, raising the prices, and looking for more revenue streams. The golden age of the internet is going the same way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 3: Week 1

Week 4: Online Life

Week 4: Your Thoughts, Internet Exhaustion